Monday, May 2, 2011

Full day of sunshine.

We finally had a full day of sunshine today and man does that turn this already wonderful place up a few notches.   Sun when we woke up - sun throughout the morning - sun into afternoon - a full day of sun.  Our morning workshop was one of the more interesting ones, and it was given by a really great teacher, but I found my eyes drifting outdoors several times examining all the possibilities that warmth and light could give.  Clean and dry clothes, relatively abundant electricity, and a great chance to finally get out in the canoe with Izzy.  Jenny and I have mostly been taking turns with workshops and taking care of Izzy,  and usually I'd rather not be on munchkin duty,  but I had a blast in the afternoon with my son out on the pond as we chased several snapping turtles from their peaceful sunbathing.  With our laptop fully charged, Jenny and I were able to put together our final version of our 'letter of intent' to become residents of Dancing Rabbit and it has been emailed to the appropriate people.  It's essentially a summation of this blog along with our challenges that we for see and the committees we'd like to be a part of.  We're expecting to have a residency interview sometime next week, and I'm really looking forward to moving here.  My questions have been answered, and my fears have dissolved.  I can not only deal with the mostly veggie diet,  I quite enjoy it.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy for you guys! I don't think I could survive in a place like that, personally, but I applaud and am proud of anyone who consciously makes the decision to do so. I love reading your blog and can't wait for the next update. Happy belated anniversary, btw! Glad you enjoyed yourselves.

    ReplyDelete